Another UFO completed..... The Conversation Quilt.

I am so proud of this one, I completed it in 3 months and it was a block of the month for 12 months.  It was difficult but doable as you can see. 

And here is where it is now.

I still have to quilt it, I'm waiting for some backing that I got for $7.00 a meter considering I needed at last 9 meters to do this baby.  It's a queen size quilt, with each row a new pattern

Some of these patterns were very difficult and some were brand new (like the third from the top - I love this block now, want a complete quilt with just that block).
The quilt is by Anne Marie Chany and although I love her patterns this one had to be exact every time.  Each block needed to measure 6 1/2" to perfection.  Many you have to cut down to size.  She gives you bigger sizes on purpose to cut down.  Now that takes a lot of time.

But I love how I used up all my scraps in this one (still have scraps darn it!!!) and it's so colorful it makes me happy.  Plus the bonus is I have a cousin who's getting married (just got engaged 2 weeks ago) and this would be the perfect gift for him and his wonderful girlfriend (now it's fiancee). 
It's perfect for a queen size bed and although I want to send it to a quilting place to be done, I just can't stomach the pricing of someone else doing it when I think I can do it myself.  I'll stitch in the ditch along the white, but I have to think of a pattern for the red.  Not hearts, but how about paisley and hearts?
I'll need to put a date on it somewhere for the two of them. 

And while I was working on this one I also had a few others done including one for the AQS for the month of June.  But that's another two posts  :)  

So happy me!!!  It was great to finally get this done.  Now on to the next and some quilting.

Comments

  1. That looks awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again