And I'm DONE!

 Well last blog entry I said I was going to do two for one quilts and finished two different quilts, and guess what?!  Miracles of miracles, I got both done!

The first was going to be a Christmas gift for a friend but certain situations came in and I'm giving it to him next week.  It's perfect for a man, and about 60 inches both ways.  Take a look,  it's called Oh Deer...  yes, great name.  One block below.

Look at the antlers.  The piecing was stitch and flip, and there were a lot of pieces.
The full quilt is four deers, that are very large finished squares.  Then I added a border.
the backing is deers as well, and a nice brown.
In the end, I loved it.  Looking great and how I want to make one for myself  :) This quilt is on my list of "To complete" for 2020, and it's a done deal.  it was on the list from AQS and now done.
But that was not the one that I said I would complete.  The one for this month (and for the summer as well) is my row by row for the year of 2015.  That's right, 5 years old.  I was making the rows, and most ended up in a lap quilt which I gave to a cousin, four or five different table tops (last month's goal) but in the end I got what I wanted, my queen size quilt that is a memento or rather a scrap book of our trip down to the Grand Canyon and Arizona in 2015.  But no, I have a gorgeous quilt that now I can sleep under for the winter season.  Take a look:
Row from Demoine
In Arizona itself, with the cactus the bit of lake and the coyote.
A friend of mine got this one from Alaska, but the one lower is from a quilter place in Kirkland
Liked this one that we came across by accident at Segai Wooley.  Loved the crab pattern.  Looking at making one just for me of all crabs.
the total quilt really looks great, all pieces together.  There are 18 of them and three in the middle are blocks that I made.  The top is a paper piece.  The 2nd and third is from Sew Fresh from Ontario.  Love how all the water ones came together.  The theme of 2015 row by row was H20 Row by Row.
Can really see all of them in this one.  Was really pleased that it fits the queen size bed perfectly.
and the seagull at the bottom, makes me want to do a full quilt of them.  Maybe I'll do a quilt with one row seagulls, then one row of crabs.
All the different rows were different styles of quilting.  So I was so pleased when everything showed up so wonderfully.
this one is from Seattle, with the different laser cuts.  Very native the design.
the duck one is from Arizona as well.
And the above was from Anacortis.  I love that town.  So cute and antique.
In the end I was very happy, with sleeping under this quilt.  I couldn't believe I finished it.  Pinch me, was I dreaming?

Good luck to all the other.


Comments

  1. What a great idea for a row by row quilt like this and to bring back the memory of travels. Well done on the completion. The deer quilt is wonderful too, lots of work but I bet your friend will love it. Kathryn Quilts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn, my husband not only loves it because of it's warmth right now (Winter in Canada), but he loves the memories and talking about our road trip to Arizona. Each row brings back memories.

      Delete
  2. Love it! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patty and thanks for doing the OMG. It really helps me get a lot of these quilts completed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Catching up

Summer is almost over