End of the Month and trying to catch up....

Another weekend here and although we talked about going away in Vancouver Canada we have another weekend of snow, yes SNOW!!!.   Bellingham got it worst then us last weekend but again they say we're looking at 2 - 4 inches of snow and in Vancouver where many people don't have snow tires, that's dangerous.

It's been 2 weeks that both my husband and I have said, we need to get out and have a mini vacation. We were looking at a weekend in Bellevue, with some quilt material shopping and just relaxation in the hotel and bars, but not with snow on the way.

Check out last weekend's little snow fest....  This is Vancouver Island who got it more then us in Surry BC, but the idea was the same, and this same light snow fall lasted for 2 days straight.  I'm not kidding.



From CTV News
I mean, I'm from Manitoba, in the middle of Canada, where there is plenty of snow, and -30 to -40 degrees most of the winter, so snow is not a novelty...  But in Vancouver it's strange, and now a second week of it??!!!  Enough.  But at least it makes me stuck in my place and I keep up with the sewing.

Another BOM?!!  Why not.  It's not exactly a block of the month, this one is a scrappy quilt along.   
Here’s how it will work:
  1. On the 2nd of each month,  a block will be posted, along with some ideas for completed projects. Only the instructions for the block will be provided.  I may make the block larger or smaller if I wish. All blocks come in different sizes from 6 to 9 to 12 inches.
  2. Make 1 block and use it as a hot pad, make 3 or 4 and use them as a table runner, make a few more and make a lap quilt . . make as many as I want or have time to make.
  3. Use your scraps to make as many blocks as you want or as many as you have time to make.
  4. On the 26th of each month, a “Call to Action” is posted which will mean it’s time to stop working on blocks and get the project finished. It would be nice if the projects were finished . . as in quilted and bound, but they want you to at least try to have the top completed, even if it isn’t quilted and bound. 
  5. On the last day of the month, a post with a link box is put up so I can link up to share my projects. 
  6. I can do the ones I want or just follow along.  
This seems like it will be fun.  So far, if you look at the left you'll see how many BOMs I'm in but I'm behind in the Layer Cake and the Garden, my first original quilt that I wanted to do, 2 months behind.  DARN!

Tomorrow afternoon I'll work some more and blog them so you can follow.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again