Down the Rabbit Hole and more....

Another snow day but at least this one is not as bad as last week.
Park by our place
Roof tops
Been working really hard to catch up with Jennifer's BOM "Down the Rabbit Hole" and it's looking fantastic.  I was using the material a friend of mine gave me (50 pieces for my 50th birthday) and I am really enjoying how it's turning out.

Made a mistake and tried to fix it...
After I tried to fix it, the size was wrong, thus the border
The green matches with other squares I've done, and the print with the pink sections of the other blocks.  I've almost caught up.  I've done 40 flying geese, and I need to make 44 more, using all material and more.  Take a look...
Flying Geese
This goes around the main piece and will turn out exceptional.  Can't wait for the next one.  Bascially, I'm caught up.  Will enter these pictures on the Flickr Page that Jennifer from Gable House and Co. made for sharing.  Thanks Jennifer, for doing that and for making such a fun Block of the month.  The final quilt looks like this....

On another note, one of the NewFO challenges was a valentine quilt I was working on.  I've done what I said I would do, I added some more flowers using YoYo maker, done more free style quilting and finished the edges.



And I also made the backing for my Secret Santa's quilt, using some of the backing.
The cat approves.... 
You can't see it in the picture, but the backing is blue, with some purples, sorry the picture was taken at night.  But still, it looks really good.  Don't forget, it's in flannel.  

Not bad for a weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again