Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Practise makes perfect....

Well, my valentine quilt is finally quilted, and I did the changes that I said I would do, I added more flowers.  But now someone has suggested buttons added to the flowers to make them more 3 dimensional.  And of course, I agree.

Take a look at the quilting though, been working on my free style quilting and I'm very excited about how it turned out.  If you can't make it out, it's tiny hearts here and there.

Look at the flowers

Notice the hearts?

Tried to get them almost everywhere

Did not quilt the red, but the back is great.
I also completed my Secret Santa quilt.  Just sewing around the edges for that one.  It was one of my 2014 NewFO Quilt challenges (a quilt that is started but not completed).  The challenge asked that we keep them updated so I have.  Here is that one. Purples and blues.


Look at the free style quilting


Flannel is so comfy...

But that's not the best part of this quilt.  I also pieced the back, using techniques learned in "Quilt Improv" by Lucie Summers.  Excellent book.  I highly recommend it.  I'm interested in doing each quilt in the book with any scraps I have after all of this.
Colors are blues and purples.

The piecework.

Lynxy, of course, has to try out the quilt for the Cat approval.
I like to thank my Secret santa for this wonderful gift, something that will keep my safe and comfortable for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OMG finished already