ALYOF partly done.

A Lovely Year of Finishes
Another month has gone by and another year of "A Lovely Year of Finishes 2015"   My goal for the last two monthes has been my pixelation quilt that is 2 1/2 inch squares.

Here's what the quilt looks looks like two months ago.....



and I did do some more rows, and it has grown, but still not finished?  I don't know why.  My only excuse is that I've been sick this past month, and I seem to be too tired to concentrate on it.  But I have been working on hand sewing stuff, and I did try to catch up on a couple of my old (last year's) blocks of a month quilts.  Seriously, I have been doing stuff, just not what I set out to do.  So lets take a look.  It's about two yards in width.  Below is another view and a comparison with the big cat again  ;)



Golds and yellow, and browns.
One corners on my wool quilt completed, although I set out to complete two a blister on my finger would make it really bad to work a needle through so many layers of wool.


That's a very large cat on a 17" square

Full size with green vine's to be put on the sides

Look at the stitching detail

But in the process I started another wool table topper.  When I'm sick I don't want to be by a machine, so I hand sewed.  But the top was so difficult, I just wanted to do an easy one.  Here it is below, almost done.


Small vines

The flower is 4 layers

Some things not on my list but I did:

Birthday gift for my sister - four table toppers, in greens and browns.  Echo quiltings around the circles.

Echo quilting
 Two wall hangings, one my own design, and both free style quilting.  One is a house warming gift.




\
Falling

Love the quilting
BOM for Quilt Doodle Designs - Feb.
Catching up with the Block Lotto 2015 quilt
8 spokes, 5 crosses, and one partial sun.
When you put it like this, I'm pleased, but I do need to finish that wool quilt.  It's due in May!!  Deadlines.....  I need to stop starting new things.

Check out everyone else's inspirations at Fiber of all Sorts.

Comments

  1. You have a lot of things going! I absolutely adore the owl hanging. Your pixelation looks great too. How much more are you going to add?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MartiDIY, sorry for the late reply, been away. The Owl hanging went to a cousin along with some owl shakers and Owl bowls for a wedding shower gift. Was perfect together. As for the pixelation, the top is done, and it's not queen size, but about half the bed, more rectangular then anything else. Now the quilting which will be sure to make the quilt. I'm also looking at adding beading to the black to make it look like the sun flowers themselves... Stay tuned for it, working on it this month, with another quilt to complete. On my AYOL finishes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again