On to the next.....

Finished my OMG for the month already...  But's that only because I have had the time to really work at it.  I've spent about 10 hours quilting it and sewing the binding.  So I'm ready to show my quilt and more on to the next.  I love this quilt but it's for another aunt who's been so super and supportive this year.  Here it is.
I love this quilt design by Wendy Sheppard.  She designed it for Quilt Magazine

I quilted the middle line with flowers (hard to make out here).  All the rest are quilted around the objects/blocks.

The green binding was perfect for the quilt....  but.....

The backing is superb.  I love this backing and didn't want to give it up.  But I did....  Can't get any other, it was in the clearance section and I don't even know the maker....  Got to start tracking that.  So it's done.  Here's where I put my goal..... 
As well as this quilt I've completed a few more quilt tops.  But most importantly, from my last post, you saw how dirty or unorganized my room is.  So I now have it more organized in one section.  Three quilts that were on my desk half done, are now done, and need to be sandwiched and quilted.  Here is my room now.

Clean desk with the next project ready to go.

Even the corner is down with two of the boxes gone, the projects are completed.  But I still have some work to do...  This area needs a lot of work...
It's a bit cleaner, and one of the bins below is small because now I've done 11 strip blocks from the scraps around the room.  And if you look at the picture above, you'll see a big bag on the floor.  That's all my scrap sorted by color but now I have to sort by strips.  At this rate I could probably do a queen side quilt easily.  You'll have to wait for the pictures to see almost finished.



Here's my next one for my mother....  I'm using Boundless blue and yellow, beautiful flower material.


So wait a day, because I've found some star backing for the star wards quilt, and I've found some backing for the jelly roll race quilt, and I'll be cutting my strips for the one above, white with a light line of blue through it.  Lets see what it looks like....  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again