And my February OMG is completed!


I'm so pleased to say that I have finished my goal!  My goal was the pattern you see on the side from   Brigette Heitlan - https://www.brigitteheitland.de/ who has gorgeous modern quilts.  This one is also in her book.  It's called Sky.  A wonderful pattern using 5" squares, and making flying geese.  She uses a trick that I explain in my original post and my challenge statement here.  


My quilt did end up differently and it is on my wall exactly where I said it would be on the wall upstairs in my loft.  It's long, more rectangular then the square pattern.  I used the method of how to make the geese.  Did tons of them, then started to put them in rows, with some blanks in between.  But after that it was a free for all........  I placed them here and there with blank spaces in between and this is what it ended up liking (look below).  This is where I started at. 
 Some of the quilting was done, but definitely not all.  I do my own quilting and I enjoy it so it took me at least 8 hours.

Here is what it looks like when done and on that wall:

 The empty spaces that I quilted my own geese.  I quilted wavy lines all through it to make it look like the geese were flying.  Did it work that way?  What do you think?  But I love the blank geese the most.  Glad I did that...

 The final shot.....
The material is from Koffman of course, that wild animal/flower print.  Love how it pops with the green.  The green was some material I purchased two or three years ago during Christmas.  You can't make out the trees in the fabric, with the quilting it all goes together and makes it look like a forest.  Very, very different.

Hooking up to One Monthly goal@ Elm Street Quilts



By the way, I did do more than that as promised in OMG.  Here's the list:

  • I completed the tree and am working the owl.  See picture below.
  • I did do 4 more scrap string quilt blocks as I promised myself.

  • I started the baby painting quilt created by Sew Fresh - a wonderful designer in Canada.  She designed paint brushes with paint drawn down.  I'm using solid colors with a background that looks like a wall that needs painting.  The pattern comes in two sizes, and I started to make the baby quilt but I turned it into a table top cover for an art teacher.  It's not completed, but it's three strips, and now I have the other three to make a second table top.  Great gift for someone else I know who paints. I may put it on my list for March.  

That's it.  That's enough for a week..  I am cutting back on my material and cutting down on some of my scraps.

Now I need to relax, like my cat.


Happy times, now onto the next OMG because there always seems to be a next.

Comments

  1. Whew! You've been busy this month. Please reward your cat with some relaxation time; she looks like she'd enjoy it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty just like the other projects. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your projects as well Vera, the colors are gorgeous. The heart is adorable.

      Delete
  3. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One I missed and another done

Summer is almost over

Been busy again