Monday, August 5, 2024

On to a new Month

 Well, like many other people I didn't get as much sewing and painting as I wanted to, but that's Ok because I did do some.  It seems this month I have a bit more time on my hands but the heat is killing me in my small little sewing room, with the big windows in my condo, so I'm doing small projects.  Lets get to them right away shall we.

Four goals this month, and I'm not entering it into anyone's blogs, just doing it on my own.

  1. I wanted to get my scrap box down a bit so I'm making 7 - 12 inch blocks for mug rugs for my book club, one each.  There's the tea cup and the books under.  I have fine acrylic pens so that they can  write the book names on the books.  I have made one for the testing (top right) and three others,  four more to go.  They need to be done by the 25th for the next meeting.

Look at the quilting on this.  Love it.



2.  Some scrap trees to make a pillow for my chair.  It's using duo sided interfacing, so it should be a quick one.  Thus the idea of doing two different projects this week and getting down my mess in my sewing room.


3.  I have a Block of the month that I want to do .  It's called "Be my Neighbor" by Moda.  It was a free block of the month in 2015  that's still available and so adorable, that I always wanted to do it.  I started it as a UFO, and now I'm saying I'm going to do 3 a month.  I already have one row.  See the picture below that is someone else's completed.  The blocks are very large, and there are four blocks a row.  First row is all done, and I like how it looks.  Oversized twin.  For the free pattern click HERE on this link to get all the patterns.

 

4.  The final and most important.  I am doing a round robin quilt with a box of fabric I found.  I've put them together, and I need one more row.  It was last month's goal, and not completed, so just one more and it goes off to my friend Corinne.  


Now something new (something old, something borrowed, etc...).  I decided to join Meadow Mist's BOM mystery called Marble Mystery.  Link is here  She's fantastic in her new plans, instructions are excellent, and if you can't stand the mystery (but that's half the fun), you can get a sneak peak.  This will be my third one.  Excited and I'm looking at one day a month just doing my blocks of the month. 



Want to see what I painted this week?  It's a book marker since I read so much.  I was using my acrylic paint pens.  Excellent for small details. There was two of them but I gave one away.


So that's enough for this month, even though most the projects are small, I think this is doable.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very productive month.

Well we went from this: To this: This one was stitched in the ditch.  I added the bottom piano keys so that it would extend it more.  I alwa...

Popular Posts